Spinach is the superpower of green leaves, nearly calorie - free , yet exploding with vital nutrients.
Secret of Spinach: Vitamin A, C, K and folate , calcium, magnesium, beta carotene and fiber which help to fight against heart disease, weight loss, cancer, osteoporosis.
Consuming Spinach every day with your breakfast, lunch or dinner will show you amazing changes in your health.
My kid's favorite dip is spinach dip. They just loved it. There is no special trick in this dip but it still looks so fancy, inviting and tasty of course, thats why the kids are always asking me to make it. I have made few changes by adding radish in it to get natural spiciness and also for the contrast look with spinach.
Ingredients (serves 4):
1 cup organic spinach chopped
1 radish grated
125 grams Philadelphia Cream cheese at room temperature
1 stem of spring onion chopped
1/4 cup sour cream (2% fat)
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch of black pepper
1/8 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- In medium mixing bowl, whip cream cheese until it becomes smooth.
- Add sour cream in cream cheese and mix together until well incorporate and until no lumps of cream cheese appears.
- Add salt, black pepper, lemon juice (optional) and give a stir. Mix well.
- Now add chopped spinach, spring onion and grated radish into cheese mixture. Fold these veggies into cheese until well coated.
- Serve as an appetizer with sourdough bread slices, crackers, pita chips, bread, or baguettes.