I am obsessed with veggies and fruits. It make me so relaxed whenever I see fresh green vegetables and fruits. I love to pick them and right away some ideas of food pop up. I have never planned my meals unless its a big party that we are throwing.
I love spinach.... just love it. In omelet, curries, smoothies, salads, cookies, or muffins I always try to use them as much as possible. And moreover I am soooo happy because I'm eagerly waiting for spring; my favorite season. Farmer's market, lots of fresh veggies and fruits and outing... I like to stay close to nature and spring always does it for me.
When I came back from my son's swimming class I thought now it's dinner time and as usual I had to think of a last minute meal idea. I had spinach and white kidney beans and then saw pomegranate juice so I created this curry and it turned out unbelievably amazing. It is a good source of iron, protein, and antioxidants.
Ingredients (serves 5) :
2 1/2 cups chopped fresh organic spinach
1 3/4 cups boiled white kidney beans
1/4 cup slices of onion
1/3 cup pomegranate juice
2 cloves garlic
2 " long piece of ginger
3 hot green chili
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/8 cup fresh cream or whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon Salt
2 tablespoon Oil
- Wash and soak white kidney beans over night and boiled them with salt until tender but not over cooked
- washed and clean spinach. Chopped it
- Pound garlic, ginger and green chili in mortar and pestle until fairly smooth paste is formed.
- In wide pan heat oil and add cumin seeds make them crackled .
- Add onion and saute until translucent
- Add green chili, ginger and garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes
- add spinach, salt, turmeric, brown sugar and cook it for 2 minutes
- Add boiled white kidney beans with water (don't drained water when u boil beans, it will give thick consistency in gravy) and mix everything and let it cook for 2-3 minutes
- now add pomegranate juice and cook curry for a minute and then add cream.
- Cook curry for another couple of minutes