I'm finally back to home sweet home!! Missing my parents and all my family members badly:( I can't believe how fast these 2 months have gone by with all love,car,heat,sweat,spicy food and mangoes in India. Summer in India is killer I tell you,so now I would prefer to go in the winter.
I met many street food venders and shopkeepers who were fantastic and kind enough to help me and teach me so many good food tricks. I will share with you soon so don't forget to visit my blog! My dearest mom taught me and give me tones of homemade spices to use here. Oh God...at the age of 76, she is so active and still makes such delicious food. I'm definitely missing my Ma and my wonderful father.
How awesome is it to have a family who loves me like crazy. I am so lucky to have world's best brothers who still love,care and treat me as a small baby! What else do you expect from family...just love love and love. Nothing else.
I'm sharing this yummy recipe with you all, so enjoy! Hope you all will share love and spread love amongst others too and be kind:) Until next time!
3/4 cup candied glazed fruit mixed peel
1/2 cup unsalted butter,room temperature
1/2 cups granulated white sugar
3 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup ground almonds
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup whole milk
- Preheat over for 350 degrees. Keep oven rack in the center of the oven.
- In a bowl combine the glazed fruit mix.
- In separate bowl, whisk the flour,ground almonds,baking powder,salt together.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy in separate bowl with hand mixer or stand mixer
- Add eggs,one at a time,beating well after each edition.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add almond extract and beat.
- Add candied peeled and beat until incorporated.
- Beat in the half flour mixture just until well mixed, then add remaining flour,milk and beat until mixed well.
- Spray or butter loaf pan (9x5x3)inch.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and decorate the top of the cake with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.