Sunday, July 20, 2014

Mango Kulfi

This has been a long awaited post! Mangoes... who says no to mangoes?! No one! My family just loves mangoes and I love to make so many different varieties of food with the use of mangoes. I bought a box of mangoes from Walmart and made mango kulfi for a change. I tried so many times to make kulfi but somehow it was not perfect, but I finally got it right this time. I used mascarpone cheese in my recipe and made another flavor. I will post that soon here. Today I wanted to share this recipe with you all. Hope you will like it and please share your suggestions and tips too!






Ingredients (serves 4):

1 1/2 cup Whipping cream 
1/2 cup Condensed Milk (Eagle Brand)
1/2 cup fresh Mango cut into small pieces
1 slice of whole wheat bread 

Procedure:
  1. On medium heat boil whipping cream and condensed milk for 7-8 minutes.
  2. Let it cool down at room temperature.
  3. Cut the sides of bread and use core of it to make crumbs.
  4. Add bread crumbs into milk mixture and whisk.
  5. In plastic container pour this mixture and freeze it for at least 3 hours.
  6. After 3 hours, take it out and churn it with whisk and add mango pieces.
  7. In four small ramekins pour this kulfi mixture equally.
  8. Cover these ramekins tightly with plastic wrap and then with aluminium foil so it can freeze perfectly without making any ice crystals.
  9. Keep for 8 hours in freezer to chill or over night for best result.
  10. At time of serving take them out of freezer and place in warm water container so you can easily serve.
Wrap up your kulfi ramekins :







We have a farm and in the front yard of our house in India we have mango trees and those mangoes are so sweet and heavenly delicious. I was reading one article and this amazing website dragged me there. 

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/10-health-benefits-of-mangos.html



Our farm house and mango trees!!!!


No comments: