This has been a long awaited post! Mangoes... who says no to mangoes?! No one! My family just loves mangoes and I love to make so many different varieties of food with the use of mangoes. I bought a box of mangoes from Walmart and made mango kulfi for a change. I tried so many times to make kulfi but somehow it was not perfect, but I finally got it right this time. I used mascarpone cheese in my recipe and made another flavor. I will post that soon here. Today I wanted to share this recipe with you all. Hope you will like it and please share your suggestions and tips too!
Ingredients (serves 4):
1 1/2 cup Whipping cream
1/2 cup Condensed Milk (Eagle Brand)
1/2 cup fresh Mango cut into small pieces
1 slice of whole wheat bread
- On medium heat boil whipping cream and condensed milk for 7-8 minutes.
- Let it cool down at room temperature.
- Cut the sides of bread and use core of it to make crumbs.
- Add bread crumbs into milk mixture and whisk.
- In plastic container pour this mixture and freeze it for at least 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, take it out and churn it with whisk and add mango pieces.
- In four small ramekins pour this kulfi mixture equally.
- Cover these ramekins tightly with plastic wrap and then with aluminium foil so it can freeze perfectly without making any ice crystals.
- Keep for 8 hours in freezer to chill or over night for best result.
- At time of serving take them out of freezer and place in warm water container so you can easily serve.
Wrap up your kulfi ramekins :
We have a farm and in the front yard of our house in India we have mango trees and those mangoes are so sweet and heavenly delicious. I was reading one article and this amazing website dragged me there.
Our farm house and mango trees!!!!