Thursday, April 3, 2014

Mango Strawberry Greek Yogurt and Dragon Fruit Green Smoothie

Life has been busy, exciting, tiring and overwhelming, but I have managed to still stay on track with things. I can't wait to see my family in India! There are many things that need to be done. I need 48 hours in a day! Today I'll go back to the mall to get some shopping done. I'll need some energy and the best recipe for boosting your energy levels up is to eat fruits, vegetables and nuts! 

Mangoes! Who says no to mangoes? No one. Love love love mangoes! My family loves them like crazy. I love fruit yogurt as well with organic blend of cereals. Yesterday I made this fruit yogurt and I love it. 

Mango Strawberry greek Yogurt:

Ingredients (serves 1):

4 tablespoon plain 0% fat greek yogurt
 1/2 cup fresh mango cut in small pieces
1/4 cup fresh strawberry cut in small pieces
1 tablespoon Qi'a superfood chia,buckwheat and hemp cereal

Directions:
  1. In a medium bowl, add all ingredients and mix. Enjoy!


Calories: 155

  • Very low in cholesterol
  • Low in sodium
  • Very high in Vitamin C
  • High In dietary Fibers




I don't have any problem with dairy/non dairy products or any kind of allergies but I  prefer to not use  them in my green smoothies. Sometimes you find it tastes not like what you usually expect it to. But once you are used to it, you will love it because of the way it benefits  your body. I make different green and fruit smoothies everyday with a variety of  fruits and vegetables available in my fridge.

I have never tried dragon fruit before, so I bought one and used in my smoothie and I just loved it. What an amazing fruit! 

Dragon fruit green smoothie:

Ingredients( Serves 1):

1 small english cucumber
1/3 cup beet in small pieces
1/3 cup blueberry
1/2 dragon fruit
1/2 peach
1 tablespoon flax seeds
1/2 cup crushed ice 
1/4 cup water

Directions:

  1. In a blender, add all of the ingredients and blend it well to make delicious smoothie.

Calories: 335


  • Very low in saturated fat 
  • No Cholesterol 
  • High in dietary fiber
  • High in Iron
  • Very high in manganese
  • Very high in vitamin B6
  • Very high in Vitamin C
  • Low in sodium

No comments: