Everybody loves sandwiches. Easy to make and for perfect lunch as well. My kids are not fussy about food, sometimes yes but on and average never complain because I daily make different lunch for them.
Breakfast and lunch is the main meal for all of us to be pumped up for energetic day. And if you choose healthy option then would be icing on cake.
Generally kids doesn't like to eat green leafy and raw vegetables. So, if you mixed them with some tasty options then they would love it.
Tofu, paneer, beans, fruits and vegetables are best combination for vegetarian sandwiches. I am surprised now that even my husband is returning to veg. options, Great move!!!
I have used Sunrise brand tofu.
No more wait to start writing recipe and excited to share with you all
Ingredients: (serves 4)
200 grams Organic firm tofu
1 cup Zucchini shredded
1/2 cup celery finely chopped
1/2 cup red pepper chopped
1/2 cup green spring onion chopped
4 Italian Ciabatta bun
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon chiliflakes
1/4 cup marble cheese(optional)
cooking oil spray
Green leaf lettuce
Low fat light Mayonnaise
salt and pepper
- Heat medium frying pan on medium flame and spray cooking oil.
- Add onion,celery,zucchini,peppers and saute for 3-4 minutes
- Add slices of firm tofu. Add salt. pepper and chili flakes and saute for 3 minutes.
- add honey and mix it.
- Add cheese if you want. its optional
- Keep aside this mixture and toast ciabatta buns in frying pan to make it bit softer.
- Apply mayonnaise on buns and put lettuce on it.
- place mixture on top of lettuce and then topping with slice of tomato.