Life is so busy with so many activities. Management is the skill which we all have to learn, lol I am trying too but slow learner.
After long awaited season of summer is here. Fully packed with so many events and one is my soon coming even KB Trunk Show By Shankar Couture for Designer sarees, Dresses, stoles, organic cotton scarfs, tops and more on 14th June to 17th June.
Visit my Facebook page and join me if you are living in Edmonton and if not then you can buy it online too soon.
I Love coconut. do you?
I love everything about coconut, so many ways to use it in food and health. healthiest option for cooking.
You know what it really scary to break fresh coconut and i had bad experience . so be careful!.
I made coconut barfi from fresh coconut. but you can buy ready made dry coconut flakes too.
- Fresh grated coconut – 2 cups
- Powdered Sugar – 1 ½ cups
- Milk – 1 tablespoon or whipping cream 1 tablespoon
- Ghee – 2 teaspoons
- Saffron Strands (Kesar) – ¼ teaspoon
- Cardamom Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Pistachios sliced – for garnishing
- Water – 1 ¼ cup
- 1/2 cup khoya (mava)
- Grease 8"x 8 " pan with ghee and keep it aside.
- Take saffron and 1 tablespoon milk in a small bowl. Heat it in microwave for few seconds and then mix. So it gives nice natural yellow color. Keep it aside
- Take coconut, sugar and milk in a pan.
- Mix well and turn on the heat on medium.
- Cook it for 15-17 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Cook it till all liquid evaporates and mixture leaves the sides.
- Then add saffron-milk mixture, cardamom powder and khoya.
- Mix well and cook it for 10 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Transfer to greased pan and spread it evenly.
- Top it up with sliced almonds or pistachios.
- Let it cool completely. Then divide it into equal pieces.
- Serve and store leftover in air tight container. Enjoy!!!!