Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Baked Cake Doughnuts Eggless





Whenever we go for travelling outside of Edmonton, we always make sure to make a stop at  Tim Horton. Doughnuts are super yummy, sweet and sugary. I understand that its too sugary but once in a while its okay to have them. I made them before but they were fried ones and didn't turned out as soft as I wanted. One day  me and my kids were in Bed Bath & Beyond and I saw this doughnut tray. You know what, my kids are my the best friends, they always allow and encourage me to spend time as I need in such stores where you can find tons of amazing household items to have. But I am not a shopaholic, thank god. I always buy stuff that is necessary, so I feel like I should get a huge round of applause for saving my dear hubby's money! Lol!

So I have made these doughnuts from the recipe that was on Wilton's Doughnut pan, but I have made few changes in this recipe. And thankfully they were super soft and yummy!!

Ingredients (makes 12):

2 cups flour sifted cake flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar (in original recipe it is 3/4 cup sugar)
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup applesauce (in original recipe 2 eggs , but I have used apple sauce)
2 tablespoon butter melted

Procedure:


  1. Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
  2. Spray doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray
  3. In large mixing bowl, sift together cake flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
  4. In another mixing bowl, mix applesauce, buttermilk and butter. Whisk it well.
  5. Add buttermilk mixture into flour and whisk batter until well incorporated.
  6. Fill doughnut cup 2/3 full, so they have enough room to bake.
  7. Bake for 8-9 minutes in the middle rack of the oven until the top of the doughnuts spring back up when touched.
  8. Cool it for 4-5 minutes.
  9. Glaze them with your favorite glazing like cinnamon sugar, chocolate glazing, or sugar dusting.
Note:
Cake flour :  From 1 cup all purpose flour, remove 2 tablespoon flour and add 2 tablespoon corn starch to make cake flour. For step by step recipe go to:









Super yummy!!!

No comments: