Sunday, March 9, 2014

Rosemary Ginger Fish


I was born in the coastal area of the Arabian Sea, so it's obvious that you can find saltwater fish, crab, shrimps. But I never liked to eat any kind of seafood and neither I had cooked any . But my husband and my little man love fish and shrimp. So, I thought I should learn how to cook seafood. I found that seafood is very easy to cook and takes less time compared to meat and chicken.

I am vegetarian but I always try to cook different food. The funny thing is that I have never tasted any meat, chicken or seafood, but the still turn out sooo good and are approved by my family and specially my husband's friends. So I thought that I should share this recipe with you all.


















Ingredients (serves 4):

500 grams Atlantic salmon cut into pieces 6
1 teaspoon oil

 Marination:

1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 tablespoon fresh Orange juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
 Dash of black pepper powder
1/4 teaspoon  rosemary finely chopped



Glazing:

1 tablespoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
1 tablespoon avocado oil
2 tablespoon soy sauce
6-7 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon white cooking wine

Directions:


  1. Heat a wide pan on medium low heat.
  2. Add 1 teaspoon of oil.
  3. Place fish fillets into pan and cook 5-7 mins on each sides until light brown and cooked.
  4. Remove the fish from the pan and in same pan, add the glaze mixture and mix it on medium heat until it becomes a thick consistency.
  5. Glaze the fish and serve hot with rice and grilled vegetables.






No comments: