When I made this soup you won't believe it, but my 9 year old son, who has flu, and my daughter ate it and said, "mom it is so delicious, please make it everyday!" I was so happy! Yesssss approved.
Ingredients (serves 8-10):
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped potatoes
1/2 cup red (purple) and green cabbage, chopped
1/2 cup zucchini, cut in small pieces
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup white onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
1/2 ginger, julians or paste
1 cup tomato, chopped
1/2 cup 100% whole wheat soup pasta
1 cup boiled chickpeas
3-4 curry leaves
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon salt free organic blend mix
2 1/2 cup Hunt's tomato sauce or make your homemade sauce
3 cups water
1 Toscana rustic bread to make small baguettes
- In a big pot, heat oil at medium heat. Add cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Add onions and saute for 5 minutes until it becomes translucent.
- Add ginger and garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add rest of the vegetables and tomato sauce. Stir for 5-7 minutes.
- Add pasta, chickpeas and water and keep stirring.
- Cover the pot. Occasionally stir for a minute or two.
- Cook it for 15 minutes and add salt and organic blend. Stir and cook it for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with toasted baguettes.
- Cut rustic bread diagonally 1/2" slice.
- Brush olive oil on slice and toast it for 5 minutes.