This is an all time favorite, especially with my kids. No matter how full your tummy is, you can't leave this spicy and savory paneer in your plate without eating it all up. I have tried so many time to cook paneer in different ways, but this is hands down my favourite paneer dish because it turned out so good and tasty!
You can buy paneer from any grocery store or you can make it at home too. For sweet dishes, I always prefer to use homemade paneer. I will post a recipe on how to make homemade paneer soon.
Ingredients (serves 4):
3 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 tablespoon ginger paste
1/2 tablespoon garlic
3/4 cup tomatoes, crushed
1/2 tablespoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon coriander cumin powder
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 /2 teaspoon dry fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- Heat a wide pan on medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of oil .
- Add cumin seeds and let them cook until they begin to start crackling. Then add finely chopped onion and sauté for 7-8 minutes until light golden brown.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the stove and let it cool for 5 minutes then grind everything in a mixer to make a fine thick paste.
- In the same pan, take 1 tablespoon of oil and heat it at a medium flame.
- Add tomato paste and sauté for 2-3 minutes, then add onion paste and sauté well until oil has been separated.
- Add 1 cup water in it and boil this gravy for 7-8 minutes and then add red chilli powder, cumin coriander powder, salt, turmeric and stir well.
- Add paneer and let it cook for another 5 minutes then add whipping cream. Let it cook for 10 mins until the gravy becomes thick.
- Add crushed fenugreek leaves in it and serve hot with jeera rice, paratha, or naan.
Hope you all like it!