Healthy food is always welcome in each home and all parents wants to make healthy yet delicious food in order to make sure that their kids are having all the nutrients they need and at the same time they also can enjoy the taste of the food too.
I created these cookies when I saw an avocado in my fridge and I thought that I should try something different. I made it in first try and they turned out so good. They were gone in 2 days!!!!
Ingredients (makes 35-40 cookies):
150 grams Avocado flesh
1 1/4 cup Whole wheat whole grain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
50 grams banana (half medium size banana)
2 tablespoon butter at room temperature
1/8 teaspoon ginger powder
1/3 cup shredded coconut
3 tablespoon jaggery OR Brown sugar
4 Tablespoon milk at room temperature
Extra flour for dusting
- In mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour baking soda, salt, coconut and ginger powder. Mix well so everything is well incorporated.
- In another bowl mash avocado flesh and banana together and make smooth paste.
- In avocado mixture, add 2 tablespoon milk and jaggery. Mix well.
- Now add flour mixture gradually and mixed it in avocado mixture with fork until both bind together.
- Add butter and kneed dough by hand on floured surface.
- If needed add some milk. Dough should not be too soft neither be hard. Texture of dough should be like rolling consistency.
- Cover it and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 350 degree F. and arrange rack in middle.
- After 30 minutes on floured surface , roll out dough and make round sheet of thickness of 1/4"
- Cut with your choice of cookie cutter.
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet and arrange cookies.
- Bake cookies for 15-20 mins until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let it cook on wire rack .
- Ice with white chocolate or your choice of icing.