Ingredients (makes 15):
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon warm milk
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoon butter at room temperature
1 1/2 tablespoon milk powder
2 teaspoon yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 tablespoon honey
pinch of cardamom powder
Butter for greasing
Extra flour for dusting
1/4 cup warm milk if you need to make soften your dough
- In mixing bowl , add all purpose flour, salt, milk powder, cardamom powder and mix well with whisker .
- In warm milk add sugar and yeast , whisk and cover it to fermentate. Make sure milk should not be too hot or cold. Process of rising yeast very much depends on the temperature of milk.
- After 8-10 minutes yeast will rise. Whisk it well and add honey into yeast mixture. Mix it.
- Now make well inside the flour mixture and pour yeast in flour and mix with fork or if you are using stand mixer, then at low speed add flour gradually into yeast liquid to make dough.
- If you need more milk to make dough soft then keep extra warm milk a side and use it. Its all depend on the quality and age of flour.
- Kneed it for 2 minutes and now dusting flat surface or on counter top spread a generous amount of flour and knead dough by adding butter.
- Kneed dough in circular motion to developed gluten. It will make soft buns/pav. Make sure butter is fully melted and mixed with flour and make soft dough.
- Cover the dough aside for 1 hour to 1:30 hours and let it rise at room temperature.
- Once the dough rise, knead it again on floured surface and divide the dough in 15 equal parts and make round balls.
- Greased baking pan with butter and placed these balls in pan, close to each other and cover it.
- After an hour they will rise and in double size.
- Preheat oven at 350 degree F and place baking tray in middle rack.
- Bake Pav/ buns for 25-30 minutes until top of the buns will be golden brown.
- Take them out from baking pan and let them cool on wire rack
- Apply butter on top.