Back to school!!! isnt it too early to be away for few hrs from kids ? Vacation is always fun with kids. But its time for them to learn more exciting things in school. I wish i could go to school , I love study, new books, stationary and specially Uniform ,which is no longer here in public school.
After funfilled vacation in New york and toronto now back to normal diet regime . what do you say?
Too much junk food and outdoor eating is not good for me. well not for anyone if you are really into healthy lifestyle.
Everytime I goto Costco, I love to find new salad . I have tried few and now I feel like its worth to make them at home. Balanced oil and salt proportion is different if you make them at home. So finally I have decided to make them at home.
Quinoa is the best grains to cook so easily. Sometimes , you have to just watch how you are preparing it becasue instruction on pack wont justified the amount of water, oh in my case :(
Green moong is my favortie lentils. Sprouted , boiled or cooked in any form they are so delicious and healthy. Salad, soup, curry, chilli , sandwich , chat, you name it , they are so easy to toss and assemble in any recipes.
So , I have made this salad and I am telling you the truth is its totally awesome. and I liked it because I have added black salt. Taste like chat.
Easy to make.
Ingredients (serves 4):
1/4 cup Quinoa
1 cup Green moong
2 small mini cucumbers
3 small sweet baby bell peppers
7 seedless red grapes
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon Black salt
- In boiling of 1 1/2 cup water , add 1/4 cup Quinoa and cover it at medium heat.
- In medium pot boil 3 cups of water and add pinch of salt .
- Add washed Green moong in boiling water and let it boiled untill tander but not over cooked
- Drain excess water from moong and dont throw away. you can drink or use in any gravy. its healthy drink.
- Once Quinoa is cooked fully and all water absorbed, keep it in seperate bowl .
- Cut bell peppers in to small pieces. try to get all different colors of peppers to make your salad colorful.
- Cut cucumbers in small pieces as well.
- Cut grapes in to pieces.
- In big salad bowl mix everything together and add black salt, olive oil and lemon juice .