Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Eggless Dates and carrot whole wheat bread





Its been so long and I haven't posted on my blog due to my India trip and so many other commitments.

Wish you all a Very Happy New Year! 

I gave a surprise visit to my parents and it was just out of this world ! The reaction I got from my parents was unbelievable , I had my best time of life in this trip. This was the first time I was travelling alone without kids and hubby. I was so thrilled, excited and same time nervous, lol

you should travel more often alone to get more travelling experience. 

I spent most of the time with my parents and family members. In this trip I learnt a lot and closely observed life in many aspects. 

I met my neice Disha , whom I really want to mentioned here. She and her friend Nidhi have started an Educational Institute for little kids and the way she is dedicated to her work is admirable. She inspired me to do more and more. Love you Disha!!!
Its running into my family to help others in any way we can. Non stop helping needy, taking care of patients without looking at time and still keeping a smile on your face is not an easy job . Yes my elder brother Dr. Jayesh who has marked his banchmark for me to serve others. Love you Bro:)

So, that is all about my trip, I have more to share but in the next seassion.

After my recent knee injury , i was totally out of my kitchen experiments. Finally , I made it!
I had one box of dates in pantry. So idea was pop up and made this dates and carrot whole wheat bread loaf. It was turned out so good. Hope you like it too.

lets get started.

Ingredients: (1 loaf)

3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup carrot shredded 
1 cup seedless dates chopped into small pieces
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup yogurt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup butter room temp.
















Procedure:

  1. Pre heat oven at 350F 
  2. In lage bowl, add whole wheat and all purpose flour and mix them together.
  3. Add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, sugar,and whisk
  4. Add butter into flour mix and rub it and mix well with flour.
  5. In another bowl, add yogurt, oil and mix it.
  6. Add dates and carrot into yogurt mix . Mix well.
  7. Combine wet ingredients into dry and mix them together with hand well. dont over mix
  8. Spray oil in 9" x 5" loaf pan.
  9. Pour bread mixture into pan and place in oven in bottom rack
  10. Bake it for 50 to 55 minutes. Insert toothpick into loaf and checkif it comes out clean.
  11. Once done, cool it on wire rack .
  12. Slice it.




Enjoy!

No comments: