Love baking but don't like to clean up messy kitchen. :(
These cranberry pistachio cookies were made several time during year and on christmas but didn't get chance to post recipe. My so many friends are always asking for eggless recipe. not a big deal to replace eggs with substitute but you have to do trial and error (in my case lol) until it becomes perfect.
I love pistachio because whenever you make any cookies, cake or sweets pistachio change them dramatically delicious by its garnishing and flavor .
I never tried fresh cranberry but will soon. I used dried one and works awesome.
Ingredients : (makes 60 cookies)
1 cup Unsalted butter at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon pure Vanilla extract
1/4 tablespoon salt
1/4 cup apple sauce
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sweetened dried chopped cranberry
1/2 cup chopped pistachio
- Using an electric stand mixer or hand mixer , cream together butter, sugar, vanilla extracts and salt until smooth, for about 2 to 3 min.
- Scrape down sides of bowl so no lumps resides in dough
- Add applesauce and mix well.
- Slowly add flour, cranberries and pistachios along with the dry ingredients.
- Divide dough in half and, using a piece of parchment paper, roll dough into shape like logs about 1 1/2'' thick and 12 or 14 ''long.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Use parchment paper to line baking sheet so cookies wont stick on baking sheet and easily come out.
- Remove dough from fridge and unwrap .
- Slice dough into approximately 1/2'' thick rounds or your choice of shape and place on baking sheet,
- Keep spaced about 1'' apart.
- Bake on middle rack of oven until light golden on rim and firm for 10 to 12 minutes depends on the oven.
- Remove and transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
- Enjoy with tea or coffee!!!