Sunday is always an easy going day in my household, but today me and my daughter both were so busy, packing bags for our trip to India. With lots of excitement and lots of things to get done, it is always convenient to know recipes that are easy to make.
My husband loves shrimp chowder (recipe below), so I tried vegetable corn chowder last week, for myself, and it turned out perfect. Both vegetarians and non vegetarians can enjoy! Hopefully you all like it.
Vegetable Corn Chowder
Ingredients for Shrimp Corn Chowder (serves 2):
1/2 cup parboiled potatoes
1 cup tail off cooked shrimp(frozen)
1/3 cup onion chopped
1/4 cup celery and carrot chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
Salt as per taste
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon spring onion for garnishing
1/4 cup corn fresh or frozen
2 tablespoon cream style corn
1 teaspoon butter
- Cut potatoes in small pieces and boil them in salty water until 80% cooked.
- In a saucepan take oil and heat it at medium flame and add garlic. Saute for 30 seconds and add onion. Saute onion for 1-2 minutes until light brown.
- Add carrot and celery and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add frozen corn (drain it under warm water so it won't leave more water ) and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and keep the stirred vegetables aside in a small bowl.
- In same pan heat butter at medium heat and add all purpose flour and stir well for 30-40 seconds and add whipping cream into flour and stir continuously. Make sure no lumps form.
- Add stirred vegetables and cream style corn, shrimps, salt and pepper. Stir until incorporated.
- Add 1-3 tablespoon water is you feel like chowder is bit thick.
- Serve hot with spring garnishing.
(If you want to make vegetarian chowder, don't add shrimp obviously!)